Business Development Specialist
The IT Company is currently looking to fill up our “Virtual Bench” or “Roster” of “A Players”, specifically to fill the role of Business Development Specialist and/or Sr. Business Development Specialist for IT Managed Services. This individual will be responsible for networking in the community, cold calling prospects, meeting with centers of influence, managing sales activity, working with internal staff to develop proposals, presenting proposals and closing opportunities.
It’s important to note that this job is a high activity sales job with a monthly sales number to meet each month. We are not a high-pressure sales organization and we are looking for individual(s) who can grow with the company, but results speak for themselves.
- 1-3 years sales experience, preferably in telecommunications or technology sales where a monthly revenue quota is required
- Desire to earn in excess of $100K per year in personal income, mostly through commissions
- Initial network of Centers of Influence and Referral sources to draw from
NOTE: We are not looking for individuals with experience in selling complex hardware and software IT solutions, but those who have experience selling transactional based recurring revenue services such as telecommunications, managed services, managed print services, etc.
This individual will be expected to be able to do the following within 8 – 12 months of start date:
- Run a minimum of six (6) first time appointments with qualified prospects for managed services and cloud computing
- Close $2,000 – 4,000 per month in new monthly recurring revenue
- Sandler Sales Training Experience
- Managed Services Sales Experience
- Cell Phone
- Expense Account
- Flexible schedule when at plan